Want to give your skin a natural, sun-kissed glow? Want a product that harmonizes with your fair skin rather than turning it a muddy orange?
It can be hard to find bronzers that both completely match your skin tone and add the right amount of shimmer. Here are 7 of the best bronzers for fair skin to make your search easier (and a little bit less orange)!
Types of Bronzers & Their Benefits
Bronzers come packaged in all different forms. Depending on your skin type, a powder, gel, cream, or liquid may be the best fit for you:
- Powder: If your skin runs a bit oily, powder bronzer may be the option for you. Keep in mind, however: When using powder bronzer on fair skin it’s best to build up and layer gradually, ensuring that the product doesn’t end up looking too pigmented.
- Cream: This option is great for dry-leaning skin types. Just apply with your fingertips like you would a moisturizer or cream blush!
- Liquid: A little less viscous than cream, liquid bronzers work well when mixed into foundation. Just remember to blend, blend, blend!
- Shimmer: This is the ideal bronzer if you’re looking to achieve a warm summer glow. Shimmer bronzer also functions as a highlighter, so apply conservatively unless you’re really hoping to sparkle.
With this in mind, check out these products that will warm up your fair skin:
Best Bronzers for Fair Skin
Available at Sephora, this powder bronzer will warm up your complexion without adding extra sparkle.
It even comes equipped with a handy mirror and an application brush.
With winning reviews, this vegan cream-based product will result in a hydrated-glow with a matte finish.
Keep in mind, with cream bronzers especially, it’s best to do a small patch test on your elbow before you use it on your face. With this, you’ll be able to make sure that the product won’t have any ill effects.
As the name suggests, this product will make you look like you’re coming straight from a Carribean beach. Or, at least, like you’ve just received an order from Urban Decay.
Another powdered product, this bronzer with a slight shimmer can be used on both face and body.
If you don’t want to spend $30+ on a bronzer product, this NYX blush in Taupe is another great choice that costs under $10.
Yes, it’s technically a blush, but it’s well-loved as a bronzer by a ton of people with extra fair skin.
If you’re not a fan of powered bronzer, this serum bronzer can be mixed with moisturizer or foundation.
Though it’s a bit pricey, these bronzing drops will last you a long time–a little goes a long way! If you struggle with dry skin, this product is definitely the way to go.
This cream bronzer will an oil-based inner core will give you a refreshed, dewy look.
It also functions as a highlighter, so apply accordingly: cheek bones, cupid’s bow, brow bone.
With over 200 positive reviews, this shimmer bronzer is ideal if you’re looking for a sparkling finish.
Like a highlighter, this product works best when blended into the high points of the face. This will make even the fairest of skin look like you’ve been kissed by the sun!
Over 1,000 5-star reviews speak for themselves.
This fenty beauty product is bright without being too brassy, light-wearing, and packed with mango and papaya fruit extracts. Your skin will wind up looking naturally-tanned and glowing.
Tips for Applying Bronzer to Fair Skin
- It’s a general rule of thumb that your bronzer should be approximately 2 shades darker than your skin tone. This will ensure that the product warms up your skin while still able to naturally blend-in.
- Where to apply: Similar to highlighter, it’s best to apply bronzer (especially if it has a shimmer) to the raised points of your face–the top of your forehead, under the cheekbones, below your jawline. For a contouring effect, you can also bronze the sides of your nose.
- Blend, blend, blend!
Now that you’ve discovered the best bronzers for fair skin, go forth into the sun-kissed world of powder, creams, and gels. Get ready to sport a summertime glow, even if it’s the dead of winter!