If you’re looking for durable and stylish gear for the gym, Alphalete claims to have everything you might need. Men and women have plenty to choose from regarding tops, bottoms, and various collections that feature niche designs for numerous activities.
The brand has been around for about a decade, so they’ve garnered a substantial customer base and community that shares varying sentiments about their clothing and operation as a whole.
In this Alphalete review, we’ve put together a comprehensive take on what the brand has to offer those who have an active lifestyle.
What is Alphalete?
Starting out in 2012 with just a YouTube channel, Alphalete has evolved quite a bit over the years into a clothing company that manufactures clothing and gear for the workout community.
They offer clothing that’s perfect for the gym and all-day wear that delivers an unwavering comfort for long-term use.
Although they have many different categories to look through, they still offer a relatively niche product selection, yet you won’t have any trouble finding a colorway you like. You can also find many different accessories, and they keep a decent variety in their catalog that offers something for every season.
RELATED: 18 Athleisure Brands to Get You To The Gym
With many neutral designs and durability that’ll last for years of workouts, the brand claims to have all your workout essentials under one roof. The company also delivers a great blend of function and fashion as the clothing looks great in the gym and on the street.
You’ll find a varying price range across their catalog, but it is considered to be fairly expensive in comparison to some alternatives, but they aren’t far off from brands like Nike and Addidas.
If you’re looking for the best deal on the website, you can skim through their sale section, which offers the same quality at a fraction of the normal cost. They also provide other benefits to customers, which we’ll get into more detail throughout this review.
Of course, a company’s product gets most of the attention, and for a good reason, but other aspects of a company can significantly affect the overall customer experience. To get a look at their pricing, shipping, and other business policies, the next section will have all the critical details you’ll want to know.
Overall Rating: ★★★★ 3.5 Stars
Since the brand has been around for a decade or so, you’ll find a long list of old and new reviews from customers that give a good look at how the company operates.
You’ll find that customers sit on both ends of the spectrum as some aren’t happy with the company at all, while others feel they’re entirely worth the money.
Their products are only one factor of the equation as shipping, customer service, and other factors are equally important.
Pricing: ★★★★ 4 Stars
They aren’t the cheapest on the market, but their clothing won’t necessarily break the bank either. A decent range among their catalog is usually from $20 to $80, depending on what categories you’re going through.
Don’t get me wrong, a full outfit could well go over a few hundred dollars, but they’re in a similar range to many other fitness brands.
Shipping: ★★★ 3 Stars
The company claims that orders take around seven to ten business days to arrive, but many customers have shared that their shipping can be inconsistent in many ways. At times, their website won’t be up to date with their stock, so customers will order something the brand can’t ship.
Customer Service: ★★★ 3 Stars
This is an area that definitely needs some work, as delayed response times seem to be a common trait of their customer service. There are many reviews that mention the lackluster customer service, claiming they ignore some people while making others jump through an endless thread of emails.
Overall, it can be pretty difficult to get a response at all, so you’ll want to keep this in mind if you give them a shot.
Amplify Legging Review
- Quality: Made from Italian yarn fibers for a silky and smooth feel, these leggings offer a full knit construction that delivers excellent breathability with an unwavering form-fitting shape. Not only does it provide the necessary mobility, but it also has enhanced seam work that brings long-lasting durability.
- Styles: Its primary benefit will be found in the gym, as that’s where you’ll need the most mobility, but they also have a surprising amount of comfort that’s great for lounging around.
- It’s a high waist legging that does wonders for the look of your figure, and it blends fine with many casual outfits.
- Price: $72.00
Pulse Surge Legging Review
- Quality: Offering a different construction, this legging is built with an elastane and nylon fabric blend, which delivers optimal compression and the breathability that’s needed. It also does a great job of evaporating moisture, so it manages sweat like a charm.
- It’s primarily made for medium-impact performance, and it comes with reinforced stitching for the best durability possible.
- Styles: This is another excellent choice for the gym or casual all-day wear. It’s comfortable enough for long-term use as it’ll keep you dry and delivers comfortable mobility that won’t chafe or restrict the legs in any way.
- An overall solid choice for those who like to stay on the go.
- Price: $68.00
HCTS Jogger Review
- Quality: A staple piece for casual sportswear, these joggers provide all the room your legs need with the comfort you’re looking for from sun up to sun down.
- They come in a vast range of colors, and the company only uses the softest fabrics for its construction. It’s made with a double brushed fleece and elasticated waist and ankle cuffs as well.
- Styles: This is a great choice if you’re going for a more relaxed fit, whether at the gym, at home, or while you’re out and about. The joggers have a relatively baggy look regardless of your body type, so they work with all shapes and sizes.
- Price: $60.00
Titan Board Short Review
- Quality: A perfect blend of materials that work in and out of the water, these board shorts are water-resistant and made with a durable fabric that’s meant to last.
- It also offers quick-dry technology and comes with a high stretch knit that makes them comfortable for all-day wear. Customize the fit by making use of their drawstring and elastic waistband construction.
- Styles: These shorts were created not only for water activities but as a stylish choice for many casual outfits as well. They come in many bright and neutral designs that allow you to apply them to a wide range of scenarios and activities.
- Price: $54.00
What Customers Are Saying
You can find many different comments from customers that span many pros and cons about the company. It’s evident that, for the most part, customers end up pretty frustrated with the company at some point or another, and you can read some of the most common sentiments down below.
- Shipping delays seem to be common
- Some feel the quality has dropped in recent years
- Customer service doesn’t offer the best help
- Many people are a fan of select products across their website
- A majority of their clothing does offer long-term durability
- Return and exchanges are known to be somewhat of a hassle
Alphalete provides shoppers with a pretty standard 30-day return policy, but many have found it difficult to initiate a return. Customer service is known to be a challenge from time to time, and any items discounted by 30% or more aren’t eligible for returns.
They also don’t offer to cover return shipping costs, which can be enough for some people to think it’s not worth the trouble.
Is Alphalete better than Gymshark?
Despite the decent list of pros and cons about the brand, many feel they’re a better choice than Gymshark. A big part of this general opinion comes from the poor quality many shoppers experience with Gymsharks clothing.
Are Alphalete leggings squat-proof?
They may be durable for most people, but they aren’t necessarily squat-proof. There are numerous stories from customers that explain how their leggings ripped in the middle of a squat, so this is something everyone should consider before buying.
In Conclusion: Worth It?
Alphalete has come a long way over the years, but they’ve also kept a fairly small team, and as they’ve expanded, different parts of their business have shown a lack of quality. They’re still a better choice than many other fitness brands, but they have plenty of issues that make customers take their money elsewhere.
Overall, Alphalete is a decent brand for gym wear, just be conscious of customer service and returns.
This Alphalete review has everything you need to make a conscious decision for your fitness goals and your wallet.
Brands Like Alphalete
- Gymshark (read our comparison of Gymshark vs. Alphalete)