Subscription boxes have been a popular part of the fashion game for the last several years, gaining notoriety with businesses like Stitch Fix. They’re an easy way to acquire a finely-curated selection of clothing at a reasonable price. Not to mention, they take into account opinions of expert stylists and alleviate the (often overwhelming) burden of choice.
The Menlo club is another one of these expert subscription services. If you’re wondering if Menlo Club is worth it, we’ve created in-depth Menlo reviews for everything you need to know before making a decision.
What is the Menlo Club?
The Menlo club is a subscription service for men. For $60 a month or $75 a season (every 3 months), members receive a package of specifically-curated items from Five Four, New Republic, Grand Running Club, or Melrose Place Apparel.
You’ll receive a minimum of 2 items per delivery. To get started, shoppers fill out their (very short) style quiz. They’ll ask you to indicate both sizes and general style-preferences.
If you’re wondering what type of styles they offer, their new arrivals is a good place to start.
But, take it from Menlo Club. In their own words, they’re a “Community of like-minded men who are driven to reach their goals and look good doing it.”
Menlo Club also often has deals for new members (such as 50% off your first shipment). If they don’t have a deal when you’re looking to buy, you might consider waiting!
Menlo Club Benefits
Menlo Club has some key advantages:
- Shipping is free!
- Size exchanges are easy – if something doesn’t fit, you can exchange it for a different size for free within 30 days of receiving.
- Your subscription can be paused or canceled (but, this must be done before the 14th of every month in order to avoid being charged for the following month’s box)
- Members also receive up to 25% off items in the Menlo House E-Commerce store
- Staff are highly accessible to customers through phone, email, and live chat
- Ultimately, someone else will decide for you. No more weighing different style and fit options, you’ll have your own expert to determine what’s best.
- Menlo Club does not allow refunds (only exchanges) & orders may not be cancelled – view their official return policy
- There are additional shipping costs outside the continental US
- Cancellations must happen before the 14th or else you will be charged for that month
What Do You Receive?
You’ll receive clothing from their four main branches:
Five Four: Offers chic mens clothing for every-day wear. At Five Four, you’ll find sweaters, tees, pants, and jackets.
New Republic: This is the menlo house shoe line. They specialize in everything from casual to classy.
Grand Running Club: As the name suggests, this line is dedicated to activewear.
Melrose Place Apparel: Features comfortable apparel designed exclusively for lounging (and quarantining).
Menlo Club Reviews
The Menlo Club subscription box has generally positive reviews, with many customers finding the ease of personalized, stress-free delivery appealing:
“Being a workaholic, shopping for clothes is not something I like to do in my downtime, or ever. Menlo Club makes it easy to stay stylish and fresh with their monthly curated packages for just $60, it’s not bad on the wallet either compares to other subscriptions I’ve tried.” – Brooke
“The Menlo House club is the best when it comes to mail subscription wardrobe club. They meet you fashion needs providing luxurious clothing at shoestring budget price. They have brands that fit every aspect of your lifestyle from FiveFour denim, accessories and Knits, Grand AC workout and lounge gear to New Republic shoes and boots.” -– James
“Been with these guys for over 3 years and have had nothing but great experiences!” – Austin
“The Menlo House has very fast and friendly customer service.” – Bowie
The Bottom Line
With overwhelmingly positive Menlo reviews, it’s fair to say that customers tend to be satisfied with all that Menlo Club has to offer. This is definitely a service to consider if being surprised by new fashion every month or every few months sounds appealing to you (and if you’re someone who doesn’t necessarily like shopping for yourself).
Given that you can easily cancel at any time and they often have fantastic sign up deals, there are few disadvantages to experimenting with Menlo Club.