The fashion industry has done a lot better with being inclusive of other bodies and sizes in recent years, but shopping for plus sizes can still be difficult due to a lack of accessibility and not knowing which brands to trust.
One brand that provides plus-sized clothing is BloomChic, but unfortunately, the seemingly good intentions of the fashion brand don’t translate well with customers.
If you want to learn why you may want to avoid BloomChic, keep reading our BloomChic review (plus find some great stores to shop at instead).
What Is BloomChic?
BloomChic is an online retailer that offers plus-sized clothing with sizes that range from size 10 to size 30.
BloomChic claims they’re located in Los Angeles, and although the company may have a warehouse there, BloomChic also operates out of Hong Kong.
Despite the negative BloomChic reviews, the brand does have a large selection of cute, plus-sized clothing that makes it tempting to shop.
Is BloomChic Legit?
BloomChic is “legit” in the sense that they will probably send you the items you order, but most customers have poor experiences with the brand. The quality isn’t up to par, shipping takes forever, items look different than the photos, sizing is off, among other issues.
If you’re already convinced not to shop from BloomChic, click here to jump down to our similar store recommendations.
Overall: ★★ 2 stars
Unfortunately, BloomChic falls flat across the board. Not only do customers heavily criticize the customer service team and the lack of communication, but shoppers also find the quality of the clothing is not worth the money.
The only real upside of BloomChic is that it offers a nice range of sizes and has some cute styles.
Quality: ★★ 3 stars
There are some BloomChic reviews where shoppers mention their satisfaction with the quality of the brand’s clothing, but more often than not, customers are completely disappointed with their items.
Negative reviews mentioned thin fabric and flimsy materials, and also brought up how items often don’t even look like the pictures on the BloomChic website.
However, we encountered many shoppers who were very happy with the quality too, especially considering the prices.
UPDATE: After researching further and speaking with even more shoppers who purchased from Bloomchic, it seems that the quality is really just a hit or miss. Some people experience impressive quality, others don’t feel it’s worth it. We’ll let you decide how much of a risk you want to take. If you do decide to place an order, we’d recommend starting with a smaller order to get a feel for the brand before you spend hundreds.
Price: ★★★ 2.5 stars
BloomChic has some pretty average prices, and may even be a bit cheaper than other plus-sized fast fashion brands. So if you want to take the plunge and try and order from the company, at least it won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
Normally, prices can be as low as $15 and can reach as high as $70, In fact, you can even look through BloomChic’s sale page for some shockingly low prices.
However, despite the low prices, many customers stated that the quality isn’t up to par. We’ve noticed that the lower the price at Bloomchic, the worse the quality is – we’d stick with items that are over $20 to get decent quality from the brand.
Note: Many customers were charged international fees from their debit or credit card, so if you have a card that doesn’t charge international fees, try to use that. Otherwise, you will likely be charged an extra fee from your bank because Bloomchic is based in another country.
Sizing: ★★★ 3 stars
Similar to quality, sizing can be a hit or miss.
Before you just pick the size you typically wear, we recommend looking at the measurements for each specific product you want to buy as well as Bloomchic reviews for each individual product (if they have any). Their size guide talks more about this and breaks down Bloomchic’s sizes more.
The measurements will help you figure out the ideal size for that item, plus the reviews can help you figure out if other people experienced the item running small or large.
Customer Service: ★ 1 star
Let’s talk customer service.
According to many BloomChic reviews, the brand’s customer service doesn’t solve any issues, nor does it communicate very well.
Customers report not receiving any communication about their orders for weeks, and also say calls are missed and emails are always automated and unhelpful.
It’s worth noting that their shipping does take a bit of time since they ship internationally, so expect to wait around a month for your order.
What Customers Are Saying
Customers have a lot to say about BloomChic, and we’re here to relay it to you. Here are the main things real customers are saying from their BloomChic reviews.
- Quality is often terrible
- Many items don’t even look like the photos
- Avoid BloomChic if you can
- Took months to receive their order
- Customer service does absolutely nothing to help
- It sucks that BloomChic isn’t a reliable brand because it has cute clothes
- You will have much better experiences shopping elsewhere
As we mentioned before, finding reputable plus-sized brands that also sell cute clothes can be difficult. Luckily, we got you covered.
Below, we’ve shared some similar brands to BloomChic that you’ll have a better experience with. If you want more, read our ultimate guide to the best plus-size clothing brands.
- Shein Curve: We honestly don’t like to recommend SheIn, but they are definitely a better alternative to BloomChic if you are working with a low budget. SheIn’s quality is also a hit or miss, but they do offer free returns on your first order and have a huge variety of plus-size clothing. They do focus more on the trends, so you’ll need to hunt deeper to find some similar styles to Bloomchic, but there are some gems. Read our SheIn curve review for more details.
- ASOS: We always say ASOS has everything and more – this includes a wide array of affordable plus-size clothing.
- Universal Standard: A mid-range clothing brand dedicated to plus-size styles, you can’t go wrong with Universal Standard. They have a large variety of more basic and casual styles that are a bit different from Bloomchic, but we’d still check them out – the quality will last you for ages compared to the short lifespan of Bloomchic’s so-so quality.
- Eloquii: Although Eloquii is more of a splurge compared to BloomChic, you will have much better experiences with the overall quality and customer service. They often have sitewide sales that bring prices under $80.
- Loud Bodies: If you’re not worried about the price, Loud Bodies is one of our favorite plus-size brands. They offer beautiful styles that are sustainable and ethically made, and most importantly, available in inclusive sizes.
BloomChic Return Policy
BloomChic offers a 45-day return policy.
The company claims it is a hassle-free return process, but some customers said the return process was more difficult than it should have been.
Some customers who’ve tried returning their orders ran into some difficulty with customer service not returning calls or emails.
Who owns BloomChic?
There seems to be no information regarding who owns BloomChic, but research shows the director of the company is Margarita Hirapetian.
Where can I buy BloomChic?
You can purchase BloomChic directly from the BloomChic website.
Where does BloomChic ship from?
It doesn’t specifically say where BloomChic ships from. The company is allegedly based out of Los Angeles, but judging from how many customers spoke about how long it took to get their orders, it wouldn’t be a reach to say BloomChic may ship from Hong Kong.
To keep it real with you, we would recommend taking your hard-earned money elsewhere and saving yourself from frustration.
However, if you really love Bloomchic’s styles (and prices), it might not hurt to give the brand a shot. They are definitely legit, but the quality and sizing can be a hit or miss. For your first order, we’d start with just a couple of items to see if they’re a good fit before you do a big haul.
Also, since sizing can run small or large for many items, be sure to read the size and measurement guides for each individual item.