If you live somewhere wet, a waterproof spray for shoes can really extend the lifespan of your favorite pairs of shoes. No matter what material of shoes, a spray that can ensure your feet stay warm and dry (and your shoes stay stain-free).
Even with a waterproof shoe spray, you will want to clean your shoes every so often to make sure they last for as long as possible. This is especially true for certain materials, such as suede. Also, make sure to spray your shoes in a well-ventilated area as most products give off a strong odor.
That being said, let’s dive into the best waterproof shoe sprays!
Best Waterproof Sprays For Shoes
Made for suede and leather, this waterproof spray will protect your shoes from all types of splashes and puddles.
This dries quicky and doesn’t leave a smell on your shoes like some other sprays do. The bottle is actually pretty large too (we’ve sprayed over seven pairs with one bottle).
If you’re not a fan of aerosol, this nontoxic waterproof spray works for anything in your closet! It even works for car seats, carpets, wool, canvas, and silk making it great for sneakers.
This product is very effective and won’t harm your shoes (or anything other product) with issues like discoloration.
This top-rated product has thousands of great reviews, plus it’s inexpensive at under $15. It works great for any fabric (except patent reptile, metallic leather, and vinyl).
We’ve used this multiple times to protect our shoes from spills and the weather. We’ve never experienced discoloration (although we did come across a couple of reviews that did, so you might want to test it first).
This silicone-free waterproof shoe spray protects your shoes from spills, rain, puddles, you name it! Most other stain-causing things that are wet will be repelled as well (such as mud)!
A single treatment lasts a long time (about 6 months of everyday wear). It takes 24 hours to dry, and try not to rub the shoe or the treatment won’t last as long.
With protection for up to two months, you can easily spray this water repellant on your shoes and forget about it!
Applying Waterproof Spray for Shoes
- Spray in a well-ventilated area (such as a room with all the windows open or outside on your patio).
- Make sure the can is near room temperature so it sprays correctly.
- Thoroughly clean any dirt and grime off your shoes before spraying.
- Test an old pair of shoes first to ensure no discoloration occurs and the product works correctly.
- Spray an even coat about 6 inches away from the shoes and wait for it to dry (the can will tell you how long to wait).
- Reapply whenever you notice water starting to soak up your shoes more often!